Us oldies, occasionally forget that newly weds may not know the ins and outs of Wedding Anniversary etiquette so here’s a quick run down of the etiquette.
- Gift giving is not mandatory, commemorating the event however is highly desirable.
- Early years Anniversary celebrations are instigated, typically, by the couple, later major ones may be organised by the couples children.
- Every 5th year is considered a major milestone Anniversary
- The 25th, 40th, 50th and 60th are the years considered the Major Wedding Anniversaries.
- Traditionally if a gift is given then it is often themed or made of a specific material which differs for each year. The Traditional Wedding Anniversary List shows all these materials for each year.
- A Modern version of the traditional list was updated to produce a more comprehensive list to cover more anniversary years, this runs side by side with the traditional list allowing you to choose gifts from either list.
- Other organisations have release other Wedding Anniversary lists, the only other two that are notable are the Gemstone Anniversary List and the appropriate flower list.
That’s it really, if you still have an etiquette question surrounding a wedding anniversary then please check our etiquette section or drop us a line and we’ll try and help.